The unexpected has happened – one of those things that happen to “other people,” not you. You’ve been in a car accident, and you or your passengers are injured. Now you have to worry about things like:
- Medical bills
- Rental car
- Police reports
- Missing work
- Lost wages
- Supporting your family
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Long-term physical consequences
- Long-term mental/emotional consequences
- Many other unforeseen issues
Why do I need an attorney?
There are several factors to consider. The most important one is, how serious are your injuries?
- Not very serious – your treatment expenses are less than your PIP coverage. In this case, you can probably handle things on your own.
- Serious – obviously going over the PIP limit. In this situation, you would be wise to talk to an attorney.
If you choose the right attorney, he can take the burden of all the things listed above away from you. You won’t have to deal with insurance adjusters (that’s a blessing in itself), documentation of injuries, payment of medical bills, or damage to your car. A good personal injury attorney will take all your worries away so you can focus on your own, or your family’s, recovery.
And the best part is, statistics show that people with attorneys get one-third more money in their pockets than people who handle their accident claim themselves.
At The Advocates at Driggs, Bills & Day PLLC, we have the answers to your questions and concerns. You can contact one of our attorneys at any time, day or night, 24/7, and get answers.