Advocates Law Scholarship
Here at the Advocates Law, we are committed to improving ourselves and our communities. One of the best ways to do this is through continuing education. We understand that school can place a tremendous financial strain on both students and their families. To help with the costs of attending college, we are offering the Advocates Law Scholarship. For further information about what you should include in your essay please visit our car accident page.
All current or prospective students must be enrolled in an accredited institution located within the United States.
- The scholarship is offered biannually. The biannual deadlines are:
- Fall Term : December 15th
- Spring Term: May 15th
- $1000 offered biannually
- Write a 300-500 words essay on the following topic:
What are some of the problems we face on the roads? What laws could be changed to accomplish that goal? How can you contribute to improving road safety?
- Essays should follow a basic essay and paragraph format including an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms, namely all the rights of ownership to Driggs, Bills & Day PLLC, regardless if you are selected as the scholarship recipient or not. We reserve the right to republish all submitted essays.
- Only your email and phone number will be used to contact you concerning the scholarship. We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prizewinner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the scholarships winner, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
For additional tips and information about what you should write in your submission essay please visit our page concerning car accidents which can be found here: car accident page.
Meet Our Fall 2018 Winner
Motor vehicle accidents occur when an individual or multiple people are injured or killed in an automobile-related accident. Several factors can contribute towards motor vehicle mortality, including, speeding, driving while intoxicated, having a lack of experience, cellphone use while driving, and other forms of distracted driving. In 2015, motor vehicle accidents killed “36,161 Americans”, with “316 of these individuals being from New Mexico.”(NM-IBIS 2015) While there is a lot of focus on alcohol-impaired driving, as it is the leading cause of mortality, there is a lack of emphasis on the dangers of using social media while driving. In order to create and implement an effective public awareness campaign, this intervention must demonstrate efficacy at an individual, social, community, and organizational level. By analyzing this campaign at its respective levels of the socio-ecological model, it can teach its audience the risks behind their social media usage behind the wheel.