Here at the Advocates Law, we are committed to improving ourselves and our communities. One of the best ways to do this is through continuing education. We understand that school can place a tremendous financial strain on both students and their families. To help with the costs of attending college, we are offering the Advocates Law Scholarship. For further information about what to include in your essay please visit our car accident lawyer page.
All current or prospective students must be enrolled in an accredited institution located within the United States.
- The scholarship is offered biannually. The biannual deadlines are:
- Fall Term: January 31st
- Spring Term: June 30th
- $1000 offered biannually
- Write a 300-500 words essay on the following topic:
- What are some of the problems we face on the roads? What laws could be changed to accomplish that goal? How can you contribute to improving road safety?
- Essays should follow a basic essay and paragraph format including an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms, namely all the rights of ownership to Driggs, Bills &Day PLLC, regardless if you are selected as the scholarship recipient or not. We reserve the right to republish all submitted essays.
- Only your email and phone number will be used to contact you concerning the scholarship. We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all the necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prizewinner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the winner of the scholarship, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
For additional tips and information about what to write in your submission essay please visit our page concerning car accidents which can be found here: car accident attorneypage.
Meet Our Fall 2019 Winner
“652 Kentucky roadway fatalities this year” read a sign on my way to school. The following day, I saw “656 Kentucky roadway fatalities this year” on the same sign and was shocked when I realized that four people had passed since the previous day in car accidents. As a commuter, I drive to and from school and was worried when I saw the number of roadway deaths in my home state in 2019 alone. As I am often on the road, I encounter aggressive drivers and witness irresponsible decisions being made. In order to improve road safety in Kentucky, as well as the United States, current laws must be enforced strictly, and new safety laws need to be created.
“For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities.” (NHTSA, 2018) When a driver decides to speed, they have forfeited their safety as well as the safety of others on the road. Speeding not only includes a violation of the law, but it implies a loss of vehicle control, greater crash severity, and less time to react when in emergency situations (NHTSA, 2018). Oftentimes, I have seen people driving well over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, causing everyone on the road to be in danger.