Here at the Advocates Law, we are committed to improving ourselves and our communities. One of the best ways to do this is through continuing education. We understand that school can place a tremendous financial strain on both students and their families. To help with the costs of attending college, we are offering the Advocates Law Scholarship. For further information about what to include in your essay please visit our car accident page.
All current or prospective students must be enrolled in an accredited institution located within the United States.
- The scholarship is offered biannually. The biannual deadlines are:
- Fall Term: January 31st
- Spring Term: June 30th
- $1000 offered biannually
- Write a 300-500 words essay on the following topic:
- What are some of the problems we face on the roads? What laws could be changed to accomplish that goal? How can you contribute to improving road safety?
- Essays should follow a basic essay and paragraph format including an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms, namely all the rights of ownership to Driggs, Bills &Day PLLC, regardless if you are selected as the scholarship recipient or not. We reserve the right to republish all submitted essays.
- Only your email and phone number will be used to contact you concerning the scholarship. We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all the necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prizewinner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the winner of the scholarship, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
For additional tips and information about what to write in your submission essay please visit our page concerning car accidents which can be found here: car accident page.
Meet Our Spring 2019 Winner
When an individual gets into his or her vehicle to take a simple trip to work or school, they never know how dangerous it can be out on the road. Every day there are nearly 3,287 deaths and around 20-50 million individuals who are injured or disabled a year due to vehicle accidents. (“Road Safety Facts”) Not only are there drivers who may become easily distracted, but there are also other factors that contribute to road safety such as the condition of the roads and weather.
Being a teen and college student, I am very familiar with the problems that occur on the road. Only a few years ago, I took my first drive as a licensed driver. Being a newly licensed driver can come with so many nerves and could take some time to get used to. In that time, one not only learns to drive around others but also learns to watch how the others drive that are around him or her. Using proper road safety not only helps new drivers as I once was, but it also helps elderly drivers who may not have as quick of a reaction as someone of a younger age. While driving to and from school, I realized how important road safety and signs are, especially when in unfamiliar areas and new environments. Even when there is hazardous weather, road signs and awareness could save many lives.