For many years, women have been told there was a simple solution to problems we didn’t really want to talk about – stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. We were told of a quick and easy fix so we wouldn’t have to live with these very personal physical problems for years and years. Our trusted doctors described a simple, hammock-like piece of plastic transvaginal mesh that could be implanted through the vagina, to provide support to the pelvic organs. What the manufacturers and marketing teams of these products didn’t tell us, and probably didn’t tell our doctors either, were all the complications that could become part of our lives after the surgery – painful problems that aren’t so easily fixed.
Transvaginal Mesh Complications Symptoms:
- Mesh erosion
- Severe pelvic, abdominal, genital or groin pain
- Recurrence of prolapse or incontinence
- Vaginal scarring
- Degrading of the mesh
- Neuro-muscular problems
- Autoimmune problems
- Vaginal bleeding, hematomas
- Painful sexual intercourse (for either partner)
- Vaginal shrinkage or shortening
- Urinary retention
- Vaginal discharge
- Blood in the stool or urine
- Infections, including urinary tract infections (UTI’s)
- Nerve damage
- Organ perforation
- Protrusions into the vagina, bladder, intestines, and uterus
- Internal bleeding
- Painful urination
- Punctures to bladder, bowels, lower abdomen or other organs
- Scar tissue
- Compensation For Transvaginal Mesh Injuries
If you have suffered or been injured because of a mesh implant, you still have choices. You can file a separate lawsuit against the manufacturer of your specific mesh or sling appliance. Or you can join what is called a “class-action lawsuit.” This is a special legal process, and once you decide to participate in a class-action you waive your right to file a separate lawsuit. So you should consult an attorney and consider your options carefully. What can you recover in a lawsuit? You can sue for things like:
- Medical expenses, including the costs of additional surgeries
- Loss of wages
- Loss of spousal consortium
- Losses to quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Women have already been able to hold manufacturers accountable for all the pain and suffering their products have caused. Companies have paid millions of dollars to settle cases filed by women (and their husbands, too). You deserve to be compensated also, if you have suffered pain and loss because of a corporation’s negligence or lack of concern for the women who would end up with their lives horribly changed.
Lawsuits accuse the mesh manufacturers of several counts (wrongful actions) such as:
- Not establishing safe, effective methods for removal of the mesh
- Not warning of potential complications and injury
- Intentionally misleading the FDA and the medical community, along with the public, about the effectiveness and safety of their products
- Not doing the proper research and testing to determine the risks of using surgical mesh to treat female pelvic floor disorders
- Injury and complications can occur within weeks or months after surgery, or much later. These injuries can interfere with many everyday activities, including walking, sitting, and sexual intercourse.
- The emotional harm, on top of the physical damage, can affect women’s relationships, work, and daily activities.
How The Advocates Law Help
The Advocates Law has decades of experience with product liability cases and class action lawsuits. We also have decades of experience exemplifying our name, which is also our business model: The Advocates. We are not just “any attorney.” We take great pride in caring for our clients on a personal level, being accessible and available, and providing wraparound services for our clients and their families. If you are a client of the Advocates Law, you will be able to reach YOUR attorney anytime, not just his assistant. You can rest easy, knowing that we know your name, and we have YOUR interests at heart. You will not be just a number to us.
Besides access to your attorney, our intake and patient advocates will:
- Talk to women one-on-one about their individual experiences and situations.
- Be available seven days a week to answer your questions about product recalls, complications, and treatment.
- Help guide you through the confusing legal process, and answer your questions along the way.
- Don’t you think you’ve suffered enough?
- LET US TAKE IT FROM HERE!
- Call us right now – dedicated line for Washington mesh clients – time is running out. 206-209-2143
You deserve a transvaginal mesh attorney from The Advocates Law.