Have you just experienced a slip and fall accident at the workplace or in someone else’s home? If the accident resulted to bodily injuries or permanent disabilities and landed you in the hospital, you have to pinpoint a liable person or organization. You cannot just idly sit by and let the liable people get away by being negligent. You need to file an accident claim.
The first important step that you can do is to find a personal injury attorney. To be particular about your search, find one who has a lot of experience in handling slip and fall accidents. This tip also applies for people with cases involving medical negligence, car accidents, and other personal injury cases. Pushing for a case is even more necessary when the accident caused by another person or organization’s negligence resulted in a wrongful death.
If you are thinking about taking some time before you file a personal injury case, you might want to reconsider this decision. The longer you delay in filing your claim, the harder it will be to build up your case. Here are some more reasons for you to avoid delaying your case:
- Your case might lose its merits over time.
- It would be harder to find the witnesses who might have moved already.
- The accident scene is already wiped out and without photos it would be hard to determine that you are the real victim.
- Analysis of the property damage, skid marks, and other things in the scene could have been used for the reconstruction analysis for your benefit.
- You might have missed a proper documentation of your medical treatment due to lack of basic knowledge or due to lack of medical treatment at all.
- The insurance company can get out of their obligation by blaming your injuries on later accidents or events.