The Advocates Law Can Answer Your Pedestrian Accident Questions
The law states that pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way. The Advocates Law has practiced accident attorneys who are ready to take your fight to the courts. The firm will help you receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and any rehabilitation needed after an accident. We promise to be your best ally. Insurance companies will try to force a lower settlment or deny coverage. With the Advocates Law, you can be sure you will never pay out-of-pocket for an accident.
Pedestrian Accident Laws
It is a driver’s responsibility to yield to any pedestrian walking on crosswalks, sidewalks, parking lots, or any other place with both cars and pedestrians. All vehicles must yield to a pedestrian and allow them to walk safely across the road. Drivers must be diligent in keeping an eye out for people.
Unfortunately, pedestrian automobile accidents often result in serious injury. Including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Cuts, bruises, and scrapes
- Hemorrhages and hematomas
- Torn and sprained ligaments
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, call the Advocates Law today at 206-452-4200.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney Fees: Our Contingency Fee Promise
A common question is how much is a personal injury attorney going to cost me. Fortunately, the Advocates Law operates on a contingency. This means you will not have to pay anything out of pocket. Our fee will be a percentage of the compensation we help you receive. Consultations, advice, and case evaluations are free. The Advocates Law has adopted this structure to remove any financial risk for a client. Choose the Advocates Law to ensure you have a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer to defend your rights.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
The Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) reported in 2012:
- Pedestrian deaths account for 14% of all accident fatalities
- A pedestrian or cyclist was involved in a crash once every three hours
- A pedestrian or bicyclist was killed in a crash once every four days
- There were 2,038 people killed or seriously injured in pedestrian accidents involving a car
- There were 3,104 vehicle and pedestrian accidents
The WTSC’s annual accident report said contributing factors to pedestrian accidents were:
- A motorist’s lack of awareness of people walking in crosswalks, on sidewalks, in parking lots, and at intersections
- Pedestrians were unaware of the most dangerous places sharing the road with automobiles (crosswalks and intersections)
Pedestrian accident statistics from the WTSC also reported that the leading contributing factors for a pedestrian accident were:
- Failure to yield to the right-of-way of a motor vehicle
- Drug or alcohol use
- Distracted driving (including cell phones, loud music, and other passengers)
- Disregard of traffic signals
- Walking on the wrong side of the road
The best thing to do if you were hit by a car is to contact a pedestrian accident attorney with the Advocates Law for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Case Settlement
Personal injury lawyers have been proven to get more money from insurance companies. Many insurance companies train their employees to keep case settlement costs as low as possible. Because filing a pedestrian accident claim is rare, insurance companies will often make lower offers, assuming the accident victims will not know any better. If you are unsure if a case settlement amount will be enough to cover your medical expenses, lost income, and other unforeseen costs, contact the Advocates Law right away. Our free pedestrian accident case evaluation will help provide a clearer understanding.